Sausage Egg and Cheese Omelet Cups
Basically, the hangover cure. Don’t waste your money or time on a bodega sausage egg and cheese to cure that headache. Replace your usual order with these easily prepped omelet cups. Trust me, your stomach will thank me later. And if you’re not hungover? Well, firstly, kudos to you and your refreshed self. Secondly, this are still delicious.
Ingredients (serves 2 w/ 3 omelet cups per person):
Skim milk (1/4 cup)
Sausage (½ lb)
Cheddar cheese (½ cup)
Salt & pepper
Special Equipment: cast iron skillet, muffin tray
1. Take the sausage out of the casing and add it to a hot oiled skillet
2. Continue to crumble the sausage as it cooks and, once done, remove from the heat and set aside
3. Crack and whisk your eggs in a large bowl
4. Add the ¼ cup of milk and the cooked sausage to the bowl
5. Season with salt & pepper and mix well
6. Pour the egg mixture into an oiled muffin tray (about ¾ of the way filled) and top each with cheddar cheese
7. Cook in the oven at 375 for ~10 minutes, or until cooked through
8. Store in the fridge and either enjoy cold or lightly microwave and serve hot!